- This event has passed.
2 Day Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) Course @WeWork, March 26-27, 2018, Philadelphia, PA
March 26th 9am - 5pm
March 27th 9am - 5pm
$895 - $949
This two-day Scrum Alliance Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) Training Course was the first, and is still the most respected and recognized professional certification in the Agile community.
Shane Finkel, with contributions from Certified Scrum Trainer Lance Dacy, leads this course in an exciting, immersive, fun, interactive, and hands-on environment and includes group and/or individual exercises to reinforce the learning and help provide the participants with concrete practice in using Scrum. Shane and Lance will provide numerous examples and stories based on their own real-world experience about what happens when you step out of the classroom and practice Scrum in the real world.
WE PRICE MATCH! CONTACT US AT INFO@AGILEACES.NET IF YOU FIND A LOWER PRICE!
BENEFITS OF CSM CERTIFICATION
By earning a Certified ScrumMaster® certification you:
- Expand your career opportunities by staying relevant and marketable across all industry sectors adopting agile practices.
- Demonstrate to employers and peers your attainment of core Scrum knowledge.
- Learn the foundation of Scrum and the scope of the Certified ScrumMaster’s role from the best minds in Scrum.
- Engage with a community of recognized Scrum experts who are committed to continuous improvement.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The CSM certification is the first step on the journey towards agility, regardless of whether you are new to agile or an experienced agile practitioner. For those participants who are coming from a traditional (waterfall) background or who are in organizations struggling to adopt agile, Shane and Lance will use their experience transitioning from traditional project management to agile to help define an easier agile transition plan.
For those who are new to agile or looking to start a career in agile or in a Scrum role, the CSM validates that you have a strong understanding of the key principles, values, practices, and applications of the agile methodology and Scrum framework, including team roles, activities, and artifacts. The CSM will give you a competitive edge in your ability to practice agile and Scrum.
For those who are experienced agile and Scrum practitioners, the CSM provides you with validation and reinforcement of your experience as well as real world, best practices examples and techniques to strengthen your ability to practice agile and Scrum.
- Waterfall vs. Agile and Scrum
- Agile Overview (including History and Manifesto)
- Agile Umbrella of Frameworks (including Scrum, Kanban, DevOps, XP, Lean, and Scaling)
- Scrum Overview
- Scrum Processes
- Scrum Roles and Responsibilities
- Scrum Ceremonies and Durations
- Scrum Artifacts
- Product Backlog
- User Stories
- Estimation and Forecasting
- Budget and Contracts
- Definition of “Done”
- Agile Transition Plan
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Continental breakfast, full lunch, snacks and beverages
- Access to take the certifying exam immediately after the class or up to 90 days after the class (no additional fee)
- Certification as a Certified ScrumMaster®, with the Scrum Alliance, after passing exam
- Two year membership in the Scrum Alliance
- Professionally printed, high quality, course materials
- 16 PDUs towards PMI® continuing certification requirements
- 16 SEUs towards Scrum Alliance certification requirements
- Free follow up discussion with the instructor if you need assistance
- Access to tools, tips, guides, and templates through the agileaces.net website
Class begins at 9 AM and will run until 5 PM on both days of the course. Participants are required to be fully engaged in all class activities in order to qualify for certification. Students who miss more than 1 hour of class time will not be eligible for the certification.
Reviews from past attendees of Agile Aces’ courses and workshops speak for themselves!