Last Updated: September 30, 2017
We use your personal information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
What Information We Collect
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally Identifiable Information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your first and name
- Your personal contact information
- Your job title
- Your company contact information
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How We Collect Information About You
We collect information about you when:
- You give it to us directly through our Site
- You give it to us directly through one of our services or events
- Someone else shares your information with us (e.g. our third party partners)
How We Use The Information We Collect
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- If you have signed up for our newsletter, we may send you a newsletter by email or mail.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We may share the information with our third party partners for marketing or promotional purposes, only if you have given us permission to do so.
- We will never sell your information.
When We Share Your Information With Others
We will share your information with others for the following reasons:
- When we have asked and received your permission to share it.
- For processing or providing products and services to you through our third party partners.
- When the Scrum Alliance or Project Management Institute requires it, as it pertains to certifications or courses which you have taken.
- When the law requires it. We follow the law whenever we receive requests about you from a government authority or related to a lawsuit. We'll notify you when we're asked to hand over your personal information in this way unless we're legally prohibited from doing so. When we receive requests like this, we'll only release your personal information if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. Nothing in this policy is intended to limit any legal defenses or objections that you may have to a third party's request to disclose your information.
- When we believe it is necessary to prevent harm to you or someone else. We will only share your information in this way if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of you, our other users, Agile Aces or the public.
- If our organizational structure or status changes (if we undergo a restructuring, are acquired, or go bankrupt) we may pass your information to a successor or affiliate.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration or unauthorized access or disclosure of your information, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and which is provided to us. However, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from Agile Aces via this Site or email cannot be and is not guaranteed. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. In addition, you understand that the technical processing and transmission of this Site’s content may be transferred unencrypted and involve transmissions over various networks, as well as involve changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Accordingly, Agile Aces is not responsible for the security of information transmitted to or from this Site via the Internet. Visitors who are concerned about the security of their personal information are encouraged to contact Agile Aces via telephone.
Cookies, LSOs, GIF Files, and Other Tracking Technologies
We may collect information about your computer, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, and the time spent on those pages, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. These cookies are used to store information, such as the time that the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before and what site referred the visitor to the web page. If a user rejects the cookie, they may still use our Site. A cookie may be placed by us, or by vendors or service agencies who work with us or with our partners.
The only cookies in use on our Site are for Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. Google Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so that they can improve it.
Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how visitors use our Site. We then use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our Site.
Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our Site. For more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and install the add-on for your browser. For more details on installing and uninstalling the add-on, please see the relevant help resources for your specific browser.
Updates to your browser or operating system may affect the functionality of the opt-out add-on. Check directly with the manufacturer of your browser, to determine whether add-ons will function properly on the browser version that you are using.
The latest versions of Internet Explorer sometimes load the Google Analytics opt-out add-on after sending data to Google Analytics. Therefore, if you are using Internet Explorer, the add-on will set cookies on your computer. These cookies ensure that any collected data is immediately deleted from the collection server. Please make sure that third party cookies aren’t disabled for your Internet Explorer browser. If you delete your cookies, the add-on will, within a short timeframe, reset these cookies to ensure that your Google Analytics browser add-on remains fully functional.
The Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on does not prevent data from being sent to the website itself or in other ways to web analytics services.
We may also use local shared objects (LSOs) and other tracking technologies to identify users who have previously visited so the user is recognized upon return, thereby saving them time while on our website. Similar to a cookie, a Local Shared Object is a collection of data that a web site running Adobe Flash can place on your hard drive to recognize a repeat visitor and store settings and other information.
This Site and emails we send to you may contain transparent GIF files (also known as "web beacons," "action tags," or "pixel tags") to help manage online advertising. These GIF files are used by us and our ad management partners to recognize when a visitor views a web page or opens an email. This information enables us to learn which emails and advertisements bring users to our website.
If you have provided us with personally identifiable information, e.g., through a registration or a request for certain materials, we may associate this personally identifiable information with information gathered through these tracking technologies. This allows us to offer increased personalization and functionality.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms
Some web browsers may transmit "do-not-track" signals to websites with which the browser communicates. Our Site does not currently respond to these “do-not-track” signals.
Social Media Plugins
This Site may use social media plugins (e.g., the Facebook "Like" button, '"Share to Twitter"' button) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our Site, the operator of the social plugin can place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our Site. If you are logged into the social media website (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) while browsing on our Site, the social plugins allow that social media website to receive information that you have visited our Site. The social plugins also allow the social media website to share information about your activities on our Site with other users of their social media website. For example, our social media plugins may allow Facebook to show your Likes and comments on our pages to your Facebook friends. Agile Aces does not control any of the content from the social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from other social media websites, you should refer to those sites' privacy and data sharing statements.
Links To Other Websites
Our Site may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our Site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We will use your information to contact you for the following reasons:
- Sending you our newsletter via email or mail, only if you have signed up for our newsletter.
- New services, marketing or promotional offers, and other information which we think you may find interesting.
- Market research.
- Updates regarding our Site.
Agile Aces is compliant with the US CAN-SPAM Act of 2003. All email communication sent from Agile Aces will include:
- Unsubscribe link. Consumer opt-out requests are honored within 10 business days.
- Physical company address for Agile Aces.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Personal information provided through our Site may be used and disclosed to other entities and/or business partners in the operation of the Site, in order to provide products and services requested and for marketing and promotional purposes. Agile Aces will not sell, rent, or lease any individually identifiable information to others without your permission. Unless we have your permission or are required by law, we will only share the personal information you provide to us with other Agile Aces entities and/or business partners who are acting on our behalf to help us provide you with our products and services. Any personal information submitted by you to the Site for public posting, including testimonials and comments, may be made visible and available to Agile Aces and/or its affiliates, licensors, visitors and customers.
Identifiable and non-identifiable visitor information and data may be disclosed or distributed to another party with which Agile Aces enters or reasonably may enter into a corporate transaction, such as, for example, a merger, consolidation, acquisition, or asset purchase, or to a third party pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, in response to a request by or on behalf of any local, state, or other government agency, department, or body, whether or not pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, or if determined by Agile Aces in its sole judgment that such disclosure or distribution is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property of Agile Aces or any other person or entity.
While Agile Aces may undertake efforts to see that any third party to which it shares, rents, sells, or otherwise discloses personal data is under a contractual obligation to use the personal data solely for the purposes for which the data was disclosed, such third parties are independent third parties over which Agile Aces exercises no control. Agile Aces is not responsible for, and will not be liable for, the conduct, actions, omissions, or information handling or dissemination practices of third parties.
Our Site is not intended for or designed to attract children under the age of 13. Moreover, we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 without the consent of a parent or guardian, and you must be 18 years of age or older to submit registration information. Should you believe that a minor of whom you are a parent or guardian has registered, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make reasonable efforts to remove all personally identifiable information related to the minor.
Comments, Notices and User Content
Any material or comments posted to any of the pages on our Site by our users are public. As such, Agile Aces assumes no liability for the accuracy of such information, no duty to update or correct such information, and no liability for such communications arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise.
Accessing, Correcting, and Controlling Your Personal Information
To access and make any changes to your personal information, you can log into your user’s profile and correct, amend, or delete your personal information.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our Site, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously given us permission to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Under the Data Protection Act of 1998, you may request a summary of your Personally Identifiable Information retained by Agile Aces which you have voluntarily provided to Agile Aces through online or written forms, surveys, email, or other avenues. To submit a request, please write to Agile Aces, 230 Sugartown Road, Suite 20, Wayne, PA 19087. A $15 processing fee will be required to process your request.
If you believe that any of your Personally Identifiable information retained by Agile Aces is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the above address, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us via telephone.