SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master Certification Course
Advancing Scrum Master servant leadership with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) with SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master Certification Based on version 5.0 of SAFe®
This two-day course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) implementation. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts.
The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
This two-day course is being offered virtually during the weekend for the convenience of our attendees. We do offer this course virtually and customized for companies as well. For more information, email us at email@example.com.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master, attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe® principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in a multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at scale
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Learn to apply Kanban eXtreme Programming (XP) frameworks to optimize flow and improve the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
- Exploring the Scrum Master role in the SAFe® enterprise
- Applying SAFe® Principles: A Scrum Master’s perspective
- Exploring Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Facilitating program execution
- Improving flow with Kanban and XP
- Building high-performing teams
- Improving program performance with Inspect and Adapt
What Is Included
The class registration includes:
- Digital workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- Free follow-up discussions with instructor if you need assistance
- Sample exam to assist in preparing for the certification exam
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who Should Attend
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others assuming the role of an Agile Team facilitator in a SAFe® or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers responsible for Agile execution and coaching teams, including teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile Program Managers
- Prospective SAFe® Release Train Engineers
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, having one or more of the following certifications is highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification course:
- SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master certificate
- A SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master, which includes access to the SASM Community of Practice
- A SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master certification usage guide with SASM certification marks
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe Certified Professionals (after passing exam)
- Access to tools, tips, guides, and templates to support you during your SAFe journey through the agileaces.net website
- Exam Name: SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple Select
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe® Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 5 Advanced Scrum Master course
- Exam Cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 60
- Passing Score: SASM 4 = 42 out of 60 (70%); SASM 5 = 44 out of 60 (73%)
- Language: English
- Retake Policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait..
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMIACP certifications
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Canceling and Rescheduling Policy
In order to provide the most experienced instructors and a superior classroom environment, we must ask you to adhere to our cancellation policy. If it is necessary to cancel or reschedule this registration, please notify us immediately. Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- 15 or more days prior to class, 100% refund of tuition.
- 8-15 days prior to class, no refund, but may reschedule another class within one year of the cancellation date.
- 7 days or less from the course start date, neither refund of tuition nor any rescheduling allowed. No changes are permitted.
- In the event any cancellation occurred due to low enrollment or unforeseen natural events, we will issue a 100% refund.