SAFe® Agile Product Management (APM) Certification Course
Using Design Thinking to create valuable products in the Lean Enterprise Based on version 5.0 of SAFe®
The Agile Product Management course allows you to discover the right mindset, skills, and tools you need to create successful products and solutions using Agile techniques. Learn how to use Design Thinking to create products and solutions that are:
- Desirable – what customers want
- Viable – profitable for you to build and sell
- Feasible – something you can realistically deliver
- Sustainable – something you can proactively manage to realize ROI
Attendees will recognize how Continuous Exploration fuels innovation and helps you define a vision, strategy, and roadmap to tap into new markets. Find out how to accelerate the product lifecycle to get fast feedback and quickly deliver exceptional products and solutions that delight customers – all while aligning with your organization’s strategy, portfolio, evolving architecture, and solution intent.
This two-day course is being offered virtually during the weekend for the convenience of our attendees. We do offer this course virtually and customized for companies as well. For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Agile Product Manager, attendees should be able to:
- Use Design Thinking to achieve desirable, feasible, and sustainable outcomes
- Explore market needs, segmentation, sizing, and competitive landscape
- Manage value stream economics, including pricing and licensing
- Use empathy to drive design
- Apply product strategy and vision
- Develop and evolve roadmaps
- Execute and deliver value using SAFe
- Explore innovation in the value stream
- Analyzing your role as a Product Manager in the Lean Enterprise
- Continuously exploring markets and users
- Driving strategy with market segmentation
- Using empathy to drive design
- Defining product strategy and vision
- Creating roadmaps to build solutions
- Delivering value
- Managing value stream economics
- Creating innovation in the value stream
What Is Included
The class registration includes:
- Digital workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Agile Product Management (APM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- Free follow-up discussions with instructor if you need assistance
- Sample exam to assist in preparing for the certification exam
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who Should Attend
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Product managers and directors of product management
- Product marketing managers, project managers, Product Owners
- VP of Product Management, Business Owners, Business Analysts
- Product leaders collaborating with product management, architects, subject matter experts, and business line managers
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Agile Product Management (APM) certification exam:
- Attendees of this course should be familiar with Agile principles and practices and have attended at least one SAFe course prior to attending
- A background in product or solution management is highly recommended
- Those who have experience being a product manager, product marketer, product owner, business owner, or bringing products to market would benefit from this course
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe® 5 Agile Product Management certificate
- A SAFe® 5 Agile Product Management digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® 5 Agile Product Manager, which includes access to the APM Community of Practice
- A SAFe® 5 Agile Product Management certification usage guide with APM certification marks
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe Certified Professionals (after passing exam)
- Access to tools, tips, guides, and templates to support you during your SAFe journey through the agileaces.net website
- Exam Name: SAFe® 5 Agile Product and Solution Manager Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® 5 Agile Product Management course
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2.0 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 60
- Passing Score: 45 out of 60 (75%)
- Language: English
- Exam Cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake Policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 24 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Canceling and Rescheduling Policy
In order to provide the most experienced instructors and a superior classroom environment, we must ask you to adhere to our cancellation policy. If it is necessary to cancel or reschedule this registration, please notify us immediately. Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- 15 or more days prior to class, 100% refund of tuition.
- 8-15 days prior to class, no refund, but may reschedule another class within one year of the cancellation date.
- 7 days or less from the course start date, neither refund of tuition nor any rescheduling allowed. No changes are permitted.
- In the event any cancellation occurred due to low enrollment or unforeseen natural events, we will issue a 100% refund.