SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager 5.0 (POPM) Certification Course
With SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager Certification Based On Version 5.0 of SAFe®
Develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise and learn about the activities, tools, and mechanics used to manage backlogs and programs by becoming a SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). During this two-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role.
They will also learn how to apply Lean thinking to write Epics, break them down into Features and Stories, plan and execute Iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, attendees learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate as Product Owners and Product Managers, and what it takes to relentlessly improve the ART.
This two-day course is being offered virtually during the weekend for the convenience of our attendees. We do offer this course virtually and customized for companies as well. For more information, email us at email@example.com.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager, attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe® in the Lean enterprise
- Connect SAFe® Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management
- Explore continuous value with Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Create a role action plan
- Applying SAFe® in the Lean enterprise
- Relating a Lean-Agile Mindset to the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management
- Continuously explore customer needs
- Executing the Program Increment
- Defining the Product Owner/Product Manager roles and responsibilities
- Creating a Product Owner/Product Manager action plan
What Is Included
The class registration includes:
- Digital workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- Free follow-up discussions with instructor if you need assistance
- Sample exam to assist in preparing for the certification exam
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who Should Attend
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) certification exam:
- Attend a Leading SAFe® course
- Experience working in a SAFe® environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager certificate
- A SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager, which includes access to the POPM Community of Practice
- A SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager certification usage guide with POPM certification marks
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe Certified Professionals (after passing exam)
- Access to tools, tips, guides, and templates to support you during your SAFe journey through the agileaces.net website
- Exam Name: SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple choice , multiple response
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe® Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 5 Product Owner/Product Manager course
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 45
- Passing Score: POPM4 = 35 out of 45 (77%); POPM5 = 33 out of 45 (73%)
- Language: English
- Exam Cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake Policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Canceling and Rescheduling Policy
In order to provide the most experienced instructors and a superior classroom environment, we must ask you to adhere to our cancellation policy. If it is necessary to cancel or reschedule this registration, please notify us immediately. Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- 15 or more days prior to class, 100% refund of tuition.
- 8-15 days prior to class, no refund, but may reschedule another class within one year of the cancellation date.
- 7 days or less from the course start date, neither refund of tuition nor any rescheduling allowed. No changes are permitted.
- In the event any cancellation occurred due to low enrollment or unforeseen natural events, we will issue a 100% refund.