SAFe® Scrum Master Certification Course
Applying the Scrum Master role within a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) enterprise with SAFe® 5 Scrum Master Certification Based on version 5.0 of SAFe®
In this two-day course, attendees will gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe® enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe® Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe® organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Attendees will also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe® environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe®.
This two-day course is being offered virtually during the weekend for the convenience of our attendees. We do offer this course virtually and customized for companies as well. For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Scrum Master, attendees should be able to:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe® enterprise
- Facilitate Scrum events
- Facilitate effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Support relentless improvement
- Coach Agile teams for maximum business results
- Support DevOps implementation
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe®
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
- Experiencing Program Increment planning
- Facilitating Iteration execution
- Finishing the Program Increment
- Coaching the Agile team
What Is Included
The class registration includes:
- Digital workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- Free follow-up discussions with instructor if you need assistance
- Sample exam to assist in preparing for the certification exam
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who Should Attend
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- New Scrum Masters who need to perform the role
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe® enterprise
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- SAFe® Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe® 5 Scrum Master certificate
- A SAFe® 5 Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® 5 Scrum Master, which includes access to the SSM Community of Practice
- A SAFe® 5 Scrum Master certification usage guide with SSM certification marks
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe Certified Professionals (after passing exam)
- Access to tools, tips, guides, and templates to support you during your SAFe journey through the agileaces.net website
- Exam Name: SAFe® 5 Scrum Master Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe® Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 5 Scrum Master course
- Exam Cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 45
- Passing Score: SSM 5 = 33 out of 45 (73%); SSM 5 = 34 out of 45 (75%)
- Language: English
- Retake Policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMIACP certifications
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Canceling and Rescheduling Policy
In order to provide the most experienced instructors and a superior classroom environment, we must ask you to adhere to our cancellation policy. If it is necessary to cancel or reschedule this registration, please notify us immediately. Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- 15 or more days prior to class, 100% refund of tuition.
- 8-15 days prior to class, no refund, but may reschedule another class within one year of the cancellation date.
- 7 days or less from the course start date, neither refund of tuition nor any rescheduling allowed. No changes are permitted.
- In the event any cancellation occurred due to low enrollment or unforeseen natural events, we will issue a 100% refund.