To view our upcoming user story workshops, go here: https://www.agileaces.net/events/category/workshops/user-story-workshop/
User Story Workshop (1 Day)
This full-day workshop is intended for Business Analysts, Product Owners, and any person who is responsible for writing user stories. In this workshop, attendees will learn how to gather/capture Agile requirements and successfully write, size, estimate, and map them as user stories. This workshop has interactive discussion, fun hands-on exercises, and immersion! This workshop will be held from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Due to COVID-19, this workshop is being offered virtually.
Our reviews from past attendees of our workshop speak for themselves!
If you represent a company, email us at email@example.com on how we can provide you with customized on-site training or perform an assessment of your current Agile/Scrum implementation as well as coaching. If you refer us to a company and it results in training (at least 6 participants), an assessment, or coaching, we will give you a free CSM or CSPO course.
Attendees will learn the following topics (each supported by practical group exercises to apply the knowledge learned):
- Personas and User Roles
- User Stories (Good and Bad Examples, and Writing Quality User Stories)
- Properly Sizing User Stories
- Estimating User Stories
- Importance of Quality Acceptance Criteria
- BRD to User Story to BRD
- Story Mapping
- Value Streams
- Create Better Product Backlogs
- Prioritizing the Product Backlog
Who Will Benefit
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Business Analysts
- Product Owners
- Any person who is responsible for writing user stories
All are welcome to attend this course, regardless of experience.
What Is Included With Registration
The course registration includes:
- Course certificate of completion
- Free follow-up discussions with instructor if you need assistance
- Access to tools, tips, guides, and templates to support you during your Agile journey through the agileaces.net website.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 7 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
The instructor for this course is Shane Finkel. He is currently an Agile coach and trainer, has over 20 years of experience as a Project Manager and is a Certified Scrum Professional – ScrumMaster (CSP-SM) and Certified Scrum Professional – Product Owner (CSP-PO) as well as a Project Management Professional (PMP). His picture and bio can be found here: https://www.agileaces.net/about/meet-our-team/
Our refund policy can be found here: https://www.agileaces.net/refund-policy/.